All Season Comfort and Convenience
Not feeling comfy with your high quality cotton sheets? Are you looking for sheets that keep you warm in winter and cool in sultry summer months? Fortunately for you, there is a huge collection of comfortable and ultra-soft Bamboo sheets that will change your perception about bed linen forever.
If you have not heard about Bamboo Sheets before, these are made from bamboo plant which is very popular from making a huge variety of objects from flooring products to bedding. The sheets are soft, durable and make way for a durable and very comfortable bed linen collection. If you are considering shopping for the beneficial bamboo sheets, here is our guide to help you choose the best in the market now.
Considerations While Buying Bamboo Sheets
Before you look into our list of best bamboo sheets here are a few factors that help you decide better on the right bamboo sheets:
Most of the bamboo sheets available in the market boast of being made from high quality 100% bamboo. But some products also mention that the sheets are made of Rayon or Rayon Viscose from natural Bamboo. Only the sheets that are made from fiber of bamboo directly can be labeled bamboo sheets according to FTC rules. The Rayon varieties are generally named as viscose or rayon from bamboo.
Care Of Bamboo Sheets
You need to take care of the bamboo sheets according to manufacturer instructions to ensure they remain durable for a long time. It is best to use cold water and delicate washing cycles to preserve the softness. Also avoid fabric softeners or bleach. Since these are prone to easy wrinkling, you have to place the sheets on your bed immediately after you dry them. Ironing may also be needed.
Bamboo is highly ecofriendly plant that has great qualities like being moisture wicking, strong and hypoallergenic. These make it ideal bed linen material. However, FTC warns users that the natural antibacterial properties of bamboo are lost during transformation of bamboo plants to fiber. If you are eco conscious, you need to look at the chemicals and systems used for producing the sheets to ensure they are ecofriendly before you buy them.
Although the prices of different brands vary, a majority of the sheets are over $100 – $150 price range which is much higher when compared to cotton sheets.
Unlike cotton sheets which are weighed based on the thread count, bamboo sheets, being softer than the cotton products, tend to have a much lower thread count. Most of the bamboo products will not have the thread count number attributed to the products.
So, now that you know about bamboo sheets, here is a breakdown of the best bamboo sheets 2017 to help you choose the right one for your home.
- Classic Bamboo Sheets by Cariloha
Cariloha is popular name in bed linen manufacturing. According to the manufacturer, the sheets are very soft and luxuriously viscose. The fabric is twice as comfortable as cotton providing you with ecofriendly and comfortable sheets. The bamboo sheets are moisture wicking and breathable making them cooler by three degrees when compared to cotton sheets.
Made of viscose from Bamboo, the sheets repel allergens and odors. So, if you are prone to allergies you can safely use these sheets as they are not like the sheets that are chemically treated. And the sheets are environment friendly as the bamboo trees are capable of regenerating without any chemicals or pesticides making them a highly sustainable resource. They also maintain health of our air, soil and environment in general. And the manufacturer provides lifetime guarantee on the quality. So if you are not satisfied with the product, you can exchange them by contacting the customer support.
The twill weaved sheets have a 230 thread count that makes them soft, durable, breathable and light in weight. The sheets fit easily and conveniently around mattress with the extra deep pockets so there will not be any hassle of the sheets coming out. The fitted elastic on the borders further enhance the convenience. The dimensions include 10.8 x 9.4 x 4.3 inches and the sheets weigh 4.3 pounds.
- Sheets are comfortable and soft to use
- React well to changes in temperature and stays warm during winter season and cool during warmer climate.
- Does not tear or bead on normal use.
- Gets softer with each wash
- For people with hot flashes, the sheets prevent waking up drenched in sweat.
- Light in weight and good coverage
- Easily wrinkle after every wash
- Bottom fitted bamboo sheet is too big
- The sheets discolor after some time
- Stitching of material lacked quality. Some of the threads had fallen off even before using the sheets.
- Elastics give out after some time
- Fitted sheets comes off easily
- The sheets are not stain resistant making it difficult to get rid of stains
2.Zen Bamboo Luxury Bed Sheets
Zen Bamboo sheets are made of 60% microfiber and 40% Rayon from Bamboo. The sheets offer best comfort and luxurious feel with their durable, soft and quality construction. The fabric does not irritate or feel rough against skin, so you can be assured of sleeping comfortably without any disturbance.
The manufacturer assures that the product is made of ecofriendly and organic bamboo fiber that is blended with microfiber to enhance breathability and coziness. The sheets are available in multiple colors and are resistant to staining, wrinkling, and fading. So you can say farewell to tedious ironing or annoying dust mites, and have comfortable and most cozy bedding.
The sheets are designed to ensure minimal maintenance. You can wash them in your washing machine without worrying about damaging the fabric. The sheets are cool, fresh and free of dust mites between washes thus you need to pay minimal care for maintaining their quality. The manufacturer offers 30 day satisfaction guarantee for the sheets, which come in a dimension of 11 x 9.6 x 3.6 inches. They weigh 4.3 pounds.
- The sheets are ultra-soft in texture.
- The material is thick and beautifully designed
- The fit is good and deep pockets help retain the sheets in place without slipping off.
- Washing and drying is easy and quick
- Pilling of the sheets is very extensive
- Poor quality of sheet. Tears easily after a few washes.
- Elastic is not sewn properly so gives out at places.
- The material although soft has synthetic blend
- Not for regular use
- Has only 40% of bamboo rayon
- Cool even in winter months, which makes it very uncomfortable to sleep in
3.Royal Tradition Viscose from Bamboo Silky Sheet Set
Viscose Bamboo Silky Sheet from Royal Tradition is a soft and very luxurious sheet that keeps you cool and comfortable all night long. For those who have night sweats, the moisture wicking ability of the Silky Sheet is ideal. Royal tradition claims the sheets are made from ecofriendly 100% rayon from bamboo making them a good choice for people with skin allergies. And with thermal regulating material, the sheets tend to stay warm in winter months and cool during summer.
The silky and soft sheets are easy to take care of. You can machine wash them under delicate cycle using mild detergent and cold water. For retaining the softness and quality avoid using bleach and use low heat tumble dry cycle. The product package includes a flat king sized sheet of 110 x 102 inches, a fitted sheet of 78 x80 inches and two pillow cases of 20 x 40 inches each. The product dimension includes 11.5 x 9.4 x 4.3 inches and it weighs 6.5 pounds.
- Heavy and soft like satin
- Very good on sensitive skin
- Is breathable like Egyptian cotton
- Ideal for mattresses with deep pocket
- Wrinkle easily so you need to iron them before using
- The sheets pile very quickly
- Too flimsy so difficult to keep them in place
- Difficult to wash and dry as the sheets are stiff
- Durability is not good.
- Is not cool during warm months. Heats up just like cotton sheets
4.Luxurious Sateen Weave Bamboo Sheets by Cariloha
CarilohaBamboo Sheets with satin weave promise a blissful and stress free sleep with the box stitch seams and ultra-soft texture. The durable sheets are available as a four piece set that includes a flat sheet, one fitted sheet and two pillow cases. The sheets are apt for mattresses that are 18 inches deep. The manufacturer offers a 90 day satisfaction guarantee and free shipping. Made of moisture wicking and breathable viscose from bamboo, the sheets are 3 degrees cooler when compared to cotton sheets. The bamboo in the sheets helps repel allergens and odors, and does not irritate the skin like fabrics treated with chemicals. The sheets consist of viscose from bamboo material which is ecofriendly. It is made from bamboo plants that grow naturally without use of chemicals or pesticides and are a good sustainable resource in the world. The manufacturer offers life time guarantee on quality. The dimensions include 13.5 x 9.8 x 3.8 inches and it weighs 6.6 pounds. The sheets are available in different colors and sizes.
- The sheets are soft and nice to use
- Sheets keep you cool in hot weather
- Is good for people with sensitive skin and those who spend more time in bed while recuperating from illness and conditions such as eczema
- Durable material
- The product does not have sufficient instructions on taking care of the material
- Price is expensive
- Pulling is present after a few washes
- Pillow cases are short and without any interior pocket, so it is difficult to keep the pillow covered in them
- Sheets tend to tear after some time
5.Mandarin Home Luxury Bamboo Derived Rayon Bed Sheets
Mandarin Home Bamboo derived from Rayon sheets are great choice of bed linen, if you have sensitive skin. The sheets are durable, soft and of good quality with perfect fit. The silky and soft sheets are made of organic and ecofriendly bamboo derived from rayon 40% and blended with 60% microfiber. This ensures breathable and comfortable sheets.
The dimensions of the sheets include 11 x 9.5 x 4.1 inches and the package weight is 3.9 pounds. Available in a wide range of colors, the stylish sheets are durable than the conventional cotton sheets and have highly favorable properties including resistance to fading, staining and wrinkling. Taking care of the sheets is also a breeze as you can machine wash them without fear of any damage to the sheets. The manufacturer offers a 30 day satisfaction guarantee for the product which you can make use of if you are not satisfied with the quality.
- Fresh and clean after every wash
- Soft and comfortable to sue
- Deep pockets help in better fit and do not bunch up or move while sleeping
- Keeps you dry if you are prone to night sweats
- Very thin material
- Is not breathable like cotton
- Has a polyester look than soft bamboo texture
- Puckers up in the wrong places hence difficult to cover the mattress
- Does not keep you as cool as advertised
6.eLuxurySupply Bamboo Sheet Set
If you looking for a sound night’s sleep, eLuxurySupply’s ultra-soft sheets made of 110% derived rayon are ideal. The sheets are softer than cashmere, cotton and silk. The dynamic fabric is ideal for cold weather as well as for hot sleepers, as it adjusts to body temperature ensuring you stay comfortable whether it is cold or warm.
The fabric is light in weight and durable at the same time. It is available in different sizes such as California King, Split King and Twin XL. Taking care of the sheets is not a hardship, as you have to just use mild detergent and cold water, and machine wash is also allowed. Avoid using hot water or drying it on very high heat. The product has a 30 day money back guarantee with free return. The package dimensions include 15 x 10 x 3 inches and the item weighs 5.4 pounds.
- Material gets softer with every wash
- Sheets are warm in winter and cool in summer
- Apt for those who prefer light and thin sheets
- The material is very thin without much weight
- Wrinkles easily
- Seams get crooked with just one wash making it difficult to use them
- Starts to pill in a few washes
- Elastic edge does not help in keeping the sheet in its place. You need to pin the sheet corners to make it fit properly
7.HotelSheetsDirect Bamboo Bed Sheet Set
HotelSheetsDirect Bamboo sheets are made from 100% Rayon bamboo fibers. Made of certified bamboo fibers of highest grade, the sheets are super soft and comfortable to use. The top quality bamboo sheet is designed with deep pockets for perfect fit. With anti-piling certification from SGS, you can stop worrying about easy pilling that is common in most bamboo sheets.
The HotelSheets Direct bamboo sheet is very soft and safe on your skin, as it is thermo regulating, hypoallergenic and very ecofriendly. Made from bamboo, which is known for its antimicrobial properties, the sheets are hypoallergenic and safe. Further since the plant grows in abundance, it does not need any pesticides or chemical to grow, making it very ecofriendly.
The manufacturers offer money back guarantee of 90 days for the package if you are not happy with the product. The package consists of one flat sheet and one fitted sheet and 2 pillow cases of standard size. With top scores for durability after stringent testing by SGS, the sheets are one of best quality sheets you can find in the market. Unlike other brands that have bamboo blended with microfiber, HotelSheetsDirect bamboo sheets are made from 100% rayon bamboo fibers. The dimensions of the sheet package include 13.5 x 9.4 x 3.5 inches and the package weighs 3.2 pounds.
- Very comfortable to use
- Soft and very silky to touch even after several washes
- Does not hold humidity like Egyptian cotton sheets
- Price is good
- Able to sleep comfortably
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Shrinks with just a few washes even after following manufacturer directions
- Not soft like the microfiber blended bamboo sheets
- Poor quality material
- Stains easily and is difficult to clean
- Leaves behind huge amount of lint hence probability of the material wearing out is more
8.Royal HotelKing Sea Bamboo bed sheets
Royal Hotel King Sea Bamboo Sheets are idea for those who prefer silky soft bed linen. Made from 100% rayon from bamboo, King Sea sheets are comparable to cashmere and silk in softness, but with 60% more absorbing power than cotton.
Taking care of the sheets is easy as they can be washed in the washing machine easily. You have to just remember to use mild detergent, cold water and low heat tumble dry settings to ensure the sheets retain their softness and durability. Avoid using bleach or hot water for washing.
The product dimensions include 14.6 x 10.1 x 4 inches and it weighs 6.6 pounds. The silky soft sheets with 300 thread count are comfortable for all including those with chemical sensitivity and allergies.
- Sheets are soft, crisp and very comfortable to use
- Available in different colors
- Easy to maintain
- Helps to relieve hot flash discomfort with its moisture wicking ability
- Minimal wrinkles are produced after washing
- The hem of the sheet gets twisted because it is not cut properly. Needs proper hemming to make it comfortable
- Size is a bit small and hence does not fit properly
- Price is expensive
- Wears away easily after a few washes
9.Cosy House CollectionBamboo Bed Sheet Sets
Cosy House bamboo sheets are made of 60% microfiber and 40% rayon from bamboo. The high quality sheets are very comfortable and of the right size. The deep pockets enable better fit and comfort while sleeping. The sheets contain regenerated cellulose fiber derived from Rayon. This makes the sheets highly heat regulating enabling easy breathable fabric.
If you are suffering from allergic issues, the sheets are ideal for you as they are resistant to dust mites, pollen and bacteria. The sheets are also resistant to wrinkles and stains. If you take the proper precautions while washing such as using cold water, low heat while tumble drying and avoiding bleach, the sheets will not pile and remain soft and silky. The manufacturer offers a lifetime 100% money back assurance, if you are not satisfied with the product. The package includes a four piece set of flat sheet, fitted sheets and two pillowcases all placed in a tote with zipper. The material is made of single needle tailoring to provide a high end and elegant look and price is very affordable. The elastic and deep pockets keep the sheet in place without any annoying ride up. The dimensions include 12.2 x 7.5 x 6.1 inches and it weighs 3 pounds.
- Bamboo sheets are comfortable and easy to wash
- Price is not very high
- Cooler than normal sheets
- Does not wrinkle or fade easily
- Corners are not deep enough
- Colors run even after several washes so need to wash them separately
- Pillow cases are too tight
- Very thin material and without deep pockets
- Seams come undone with a few washes
10.2PO Heaven’s ComfortHigh Strength Natural Bamboo
2PO Heaven’s Comfort Bamboo sheet is a good choice, if you are looking for bed sheets that are ultra-strong, soft and comfortable than the best cotton sheets. The bamboo sheets are made of breathable material and have deep pockets making it easy to fit them on mattresses that are up to 17 inch thick. The softness withstands multiple washings and remains free of wrinkles due to the micro fiber yarn of high strength used in designing the sheet.
The sheets can be machine washed but only with cold water and along with similar colored clothes. And you should use low heat tumble dry cycle to keep the sheets soft and lustrous. The package includes one each of fitted sheet and flat sheet, and two pillowcases. The dimensions of the package include 11.7 x 7 x 6.3 inches and the product weighs 3.4 pounds.
- Not made of natural bamboo fibers as the package label does not mention it.
- Has deep pockets so fits well and does not need frequent adjusting
- The material is thin and soft
- Great for keeping warm in winter
- Color runs even after many washes
- It is not breathable like regular cotton or similar natural sheets
- Is very warm during hot weather
- Stitching in very poor. The stitches come off easily with washing
- Sheet bunches up underneath which is very annoying
11.Royal TraditionUltra Soft & Exquisitely Silky Viscose from Bamboo Sheet Set
Royal Tradition 100% viscose from bamboo sheets are soft and luxurious sheets that are soft, silky and luxurious in texture and appearance. If you are an Eco-conscious person, you will be glad to know that the Royal Tradition sheets are created from ecofriendly materials that are apt for people with skin allergies.
The material has natural wicking property, so if you have frequent night sweats these sheets will help a lot. The temperature regulation property also helps to keep you cool during summer months and warm in winter.
Washing instructions are simple and easy. The sheets can be machine washed using cold water, mild detergent and low heat for tumble dry cycle. Hot water should be avoided. The sheets can be used immediately after drying, or if needed you can also press them using warm iron. Dimensions of the sheet package include 17 x 12 x 4 inches and the shipping weight is 6 pounds.
- The sheets are heavy and soft
- Sheets help regulate temperature while sleeping
- Anti-bacterial and anti-odor features are very good
- No need to use harsh soap, mild detergent is sufficient
- Price is affordable
- Corners come apart with a few washings
- Wrinkles easily and needs to be ironed every time it is washed
- Piles very easily
- Washing is very difficult as the sheets are too stiff
Now that you have our lineup of best bamboo sheets 2017 with their specific advantages and drawbacks listed in detail, you are sure to choose the right bed linen that keeps you comfy in any type of climate and takes minimal maintenance too. By using our best product guide you will be able to get valu for your money and experience ultimate comfort and luxury that bamboo sheets promise.