Yamaha EF2000iS 79cc OHV 4-Stroke Gas Powered Portable Inverter Generator Review
|Yamaha EF2000iS 2,000 Watt 79cc OHV 4-Stroke Gas Powered Portable Inverter Generator (CARB Compliant)|
|Retail Price: $1,099.00|
|Amazon Price: $988.95|
The Yamaha EF2000iS 2,000 Watt 79cc OHV 4-Stroke Gas Powered Portable Inverter Generator is the perfect portable generator for just about anybody. I bought ours to take along on camping trips for those times when electrical power is needed. One of the best things about this portable generator is that it is able to deliver 1200 watts of AC power without being big and bulky, like other generators are. Even better is that it can be used for 10 ½ hours without once having to refuel the machine due to the new technologies that it uses.
- Inverter System – I love the inverter system that the generator uses because it not only delivers clean energy, but it is also high quality energy. The energy produced by this system is in the form of pure sine waves, which is a much more reliable form of energy than other power sources produce. This type of energy allows me to use even the most delicate power tools without fear of damaging them.
- Overload Breaker – Having the overload breaker included on this generator is nice because it reassures me that in case of an overload nothing is going to be damaged, including the generator. Although with the pure sine waves produced overload is highly unlikely, but it is still reassuring to have.
- Full efficient – As long as the generator is run in economy mode, the thing can easily run for 10.5 hours without needing to be refueled. The OHV engine is nice because it is not only reliable it also puts out heat efficiently. This allows the engine to have a longer life, but also burn the fuel more efficiently.
- Smart Throttle Load – This feature is great because it allows the generator to automatically adjust the engine speed based on the output. By adjusting the engine speed, the fuel is used more efficiently, allowing it to last longer.
- Dual Coil Alternator Stator – This allows the engine to run at a lower speed, but also helps reduce the amount of fuel being consumed while the generator is in use.
- No engine oil – The only drawback to this machine is that it doesn’t ship with any engine oil. Therefore, when you purchase this make sure you have a quart of 4-stroke engine oil to fill up the machine. Word of warning the machine takes less than ¾ quart of oil, but there is no dipstick to allow users to see when the generator is full.
One of the best things about the Yamaha EF2000iS is that it is the perfect choice for boat owners or even dirt bikers because it is able to recharge batteries due to its 8A12V DC output, but can also run power tools. The generator also uses noise reduction technology to help ensure the generator is running quietly, mainly due to its sound-blocking design. However, even though it is made with noise-absorbing glass wool it still makes some noise so do not run it for too long in quiet areas.
Price Alert: Right now Amazon.com is offering free shipping and a 24% discount for the Yamaha EF2000iS 79cc OHV 4-Stroke Gas Powered Portable Inverter Generator. This means their current price is $14.45 cheaper than the usual retail price.
- Best Rated Portable Generators
- Yamaha EF2000iS 79cc OHV 4-Stroke Gas Powered Portable Inverter Generator Review
- Honeywell HW6200 13 HP 389cc OHV Portable Gas Powered Home Generator Review
- Generac 5622 GP5000 6,250 Watt 389cc OHV Portable Gas Powered Generator Review
- ETQ TG72K12 13 HP 420cc 4-Cycle OHV Gas Powered Generator With Electric Start Review
- ETQ TG32P12 7 HP 207cc 4-Cycle OHV Gas Powered Portable Generator Review
- Portable Generator Guide