The Weber Q Grill series are the line of Weber Portable Grill models that come from very small compact to mid sizes.
The most notable grills in this line are the Weber Q gas grills which grow in size and features as they move from 100, 120, 200, 220, 300 to 320 series.
With the extra number ’20’ at the end of each model number you get a few extra features and sometimes larger grilling area for better control and more convenient cooking.
Weber Q grills also come in the widely popular Weber Q-140 electric grill and the less famous charcoal burner – Char-Q version. These are all very small in sizes for super easy and effortless transportation.
Below is a quick summary of pros, cons and features for each gas model so you can decide for yourself which one fits best your criteria of a good portable bbq grill.
While the Q hundred series – “00” are cheaper than “20” series, they have fewer features, like push button ignition instead of more fancy electric ignition system, which many people prefer. However, the prices seem to be really good, so most buyers choose over the budget Q *00 series. It’s your calling which one to go for.
Weber Q 100 – 120 Portable Grill (Baby Q)
- Best value for money and size in Weber portable grill category
- Easy to cook and clean thanks to the bowl shape
- Economical and efficient, with just 8,500 BTUs of burning power it does the job of some bigger mid size grills
- Large enough to cook for family size of 4
- Infinite control of burner valve for fast cooking
- Even heat distribution for proper grilling
- Porcelain-enameled cast iron grate that stay hot to properly sear meat and create attractive grilled marks
- Runs on disposable LP- propane gas tank for convenient cooking
- Handy removable catch pan
- Sturdy stainless steel construction
- Includes the Weber’s recipe book with grill temperature chart for great cooks
- Grill area is too small (189 sq. inches) for large steaks or if you need to cook for mass of people
The Weber 516002 Q 120 gas grill also has extra 2 durable Tuck-Away work tables with built-in tool holders which many people have found to be very useful.
Weber Q 200 – 220 Gas Grills
This series of Weber Q grill has all the features as listed above for Weber 386002 Q-100 portable gas grill, but with some added strengths:
- Higher burning power with 12,000 BTU per hour input
- Bigger cooking area of 280 sq. inches that can easily accommodate the serving of 4-6 people
- Two folding work tables for much more convenient cook and handy for those little tasks
- More expensive than Weber Q-100 line
The Weber 566002 Q 220 gas grill has taller grill lid that allows you to cook larger roast or taller size pieces. Plus it also comes with thermometer attached to the lid for better cooking temperature monitoring and control.
Weber Q 300 – 320 Outdoor Gas Grills
The Weber Q 300 models are very similar in shape to the Weber 396002 Q-200 portable gas grill, but they are bigger in size and can run on heavier 20lb. propane tanks. So in short, the Q-300 series is more like a conventional outdoor grill with cart and wheels.
And of course they are much more heavier. Even though they are still portable, the level of ease for transportation is greatly diminished.
The upside of this Weber Q grill is that you get much more grilling power with dual burners instead of one single as of Weber Q-200 (21,700 BTU per hour) and larger cooking area, big enough to do barbeque for gatherings and parties (462 sq. inches for Weber 586002 Q 320 Portable Outdoor Gas Grill). Some even reported it having the same firing power as more expensive-big size grills at 40,000 BTU.
And it heats to over 500 degrees in less than 10 minutes.
The stainless steel warming rack is also a nice place to keep food away from grill surface while you do the last touch ups.
So if you need a portable and great barbeque cooker, then Weber Q-300 and Q-320 are the best gas outdoor grills you can buy.