Best Gas Grill Reviews – Weber Portable 396002 Q 200
Weber 516501 Q
Best Gas Grill Reviews – Weber Q 200 Overview
The Weber Q 200 Portable Gas Grill is a mid-size entry in the world of portable grills. You’ll find it to be a little heavier than models like the Weber Q 120, however the extra heft is put to good use with a large 280 square-inch cooking surface and 12,000 BTU burner. You can use the extra space and power to invite the entire family or neighborhood over for a day of exceptional grilling. Reviews at AMA
Best Gas Grill Reviews – Weber Q 200 Awards
Consumer Reports “Best Buy” – June 2011
Best Gas Grill Reviews – Weber Q 200 Features
- 280 Square Inch Cooking Surface – You’ll find this grill to have all the capacity you need to handle large parties. Unless you absolutely need a larger cooking surface, or special features like a warming rack, this grill will meet your needs.
- Two Fold-Away Side Shelves – When you’re grilling, you don’t want to have to keep going back into the kitchen for ingredients. Two work shelves give you the space you need to keep everything you need for grilling within easy reach. The shelves fold up and out of the way, making it easy to store or transport.
- Choose Your Fuel Source – When you take this grill on the road, you can get grilling quickly by attaching a disposable 14-16 ounce propane container (not included) to the regulator. When you’re entertaining at home, you may find it helpful to use the adapter that Weber provides and connect to a full-sized propane tank.
- 12,000 BTU Burner Output – To help evenly distribute heat across the ample cooking surface, this grill has a stainless steel burner that is capable of reaching an output of 12,000 BTUs. A control knob lets you fine-tune the burner output for slow cooking a rack of ribs or getting the grill hot enough to sear steaks.
- Porcelain-Enameled Cast-Iron Grate – Consumers continually comment on the heft of this grate. It’s another example of the premium quality that comes with Weber grills. Porcelain helps to conduct heat and distribute it evenly across the grilling surface.
- Easy Cleanup – A removable, aluminum pan sits underneath the burner and captures most of the grease to prevent spillover.
- Premium Quality – Although this grill has noticeable heft compared to the Q 100 or Q 120, you’ll still feel the quality in its sturdy glass-reinforced nylon grill frame, cast aluminum lid and body and large weather-resistant lid handle
Best Gas Grill Reviews – Weber Q 200 Additional Features
- Sets Up in Minutes – Like all Weber grills, the Q 200 includes easy-to-follow, illustrated instructions. Set-up takes minutes without the need for any special tools.
- 5-Year Limited Warranty
- Weber® Q® Recipe Booklet – expand your menu or simply learn how to get the best performance from your grill
Best Gas Grill Reviews – Weber Q 200 Accessories
- Vinyl Cover
- 6-Foot Adapter Hose
- Rolling Cart
- Premium Grill Cover
Best Gas Grill Reviews – Weber Q 200 Conclusion
It won’t take long for you to realize why the Weber Q 200 was given the prestigious Consumer Reports “Best Buy” rating. This grill packs exceptional performance into a portable size.
As you’re comparing the Q 200 to other portable grills, you should give consideration to your grilling needs. The key thing you need to remember is how the cooking surface and burner work together. The Q 200 is designed for high-volume cooking. For example, it can hold 10 kabobs, or three chicken quarters on its 280 square foot cooking surface. That’s why it needs the power of a 12,000 BTU burner.
If you don’t need that large of a cooking surface, you won’t need the extra power and may want to consider one of Weber’s smaller Q Series grills, the Q 100 or Q 120.
Weber makes it easy to get the most out of this grill. The Weber Q® recipe booklet comes with the grill and will ignite your imagination. Accessories like a rolling cart add versatility and portability when you’re moving the grill around a patio or parking lot. Reviews at AMA