Hi there! You’ve landed on the right page if you’re looking for Tria laser reviews. In this article you will find both positive and negative aspects of using this type of hair removal treatment that manufacturers won’t tell you.
- 1 What is The Tria Hair Removal Laser?
- 2 How The System Supposedly Works?
- 3 Who Can Use the Treatment?
- 4 How To Use The Product?
- 5 How Soon Do You Get Results?
Unlike other forms of hair removal treatments, laser requires series of sessions to achieve the desired result. To date, this method is also the most expensive. The good news is, it is no longer solely available in salons or clinics and it has become a bit easier on the pocket. How can you be sure it is for you though? Let’s find out.
(Updated for 2013)
What is The Tria Hair Removal Laser?
The Tria laser hair removal system comes from the very same makers of the gold standard for in-clinic laser hair removal provided by physicians. The founders of Tria Beauty manufactured their first commercial hair removal laser in 2004 and by 2008 it has obtained FDA clearance and was sold in the United States. In the same year, it received Allure Magazine’s Beauty Breakthrough award and Women’s Wear Daily’s Breakthrough Product award.
Tria hair removal laser uses the same technology that professionals use in removing unwanted hair. The system allows you to experience salon quality results in the comfort of your home and without the need to pay costly fees.
How The System Supposedly Works?
The treatment uses concentrated beam of light that goes into the hair shaft targeting pigmentation. The process destroys the hair from the roots and after several sessions, hair re-growth is effectively reduced or disabled. Here is an image showing the basic outline of the process.
Who Can Use the Treatment?
Laser type treatments for the skin are not always suitable for all skin types and hair colors. The Tria hair removal laser is no exception. It is only intended for light to medium skin tones because the darker your skin tone is the more laser light your skin can absorb which can actually injure your skin. Likewise, it will not be as effective if you have lighter hair color compared to naturally light brown to black hair color which it is designed for.
How To Use The Product?
- Prepare your skin. Apply the treatment after cleansing, shaving, and toweling your skin dry. It will be easier and more effective for the treatment to work under the surface of the skin if there is no hair above the skin’s surface so have the area shaved first with a razor. Once skin is ready, turn the machine on and place the skin sensor against the skin area you will be treating. A green light will indicate that it is suitable to use on your skin tone.
- Customize settings. Select which of the five levels of setting you are comfortable to use. When applying the treatment, you may feel pricking or snapping sensation on the skin. You can start with the lowest setting and see how it feels then take it up a notch until you have reached the setting you are comfortable with. The highest setting emits the most amount of heat for faster and better hair reduction results.
- Apply the treatment. Place the laser tip flat on the skin you wish to treat. Hold the tip in place until you hear a couple of beeps then lift and move it to the next area slightly overlapping the previous area you just treated. You can refer to the pulse counter display to get better results.
Note: The machine can be used on areas such as the underarms, arms, back, bikini line, legs, stomach, and on the cheek line.
How Soon Do You Get Results?
Take note of your treatment dates to stay on schedule. Tria recommends treatment every other week for the first three months and once every month for the next three to five months until the hair has significantly reduced or stopped re-growth.
While you may not see immediate results, hair-regrowth will apparently become lighter in about two to three months of use. After six months, you are supposed to find significant hair reduction.
- Built-in skin sensor – it automatically detects if your skin is suitable for the treatment
- Ergonomic design – slim, sleek, and hand-held design to make treatment experience easier
- The product is FDA cleared.
- Laser treatment in the privacy of your own home
- Effective for permanent hair reduction
- Expensive machine compared to other hair removal products although a lot cheaper compared to salon treatments.
- Not suitable for all skin types or skin tones.
- May cause temporary pigment change.
- Can cause temporary pain, redness, swelling, or bruising
Real User Reviews – Does It REALLY Work?
Now let’s see what actual users have to say on other Tria Hair Removal Laser reviews.
Because the product is already popular among women, it wasn’t difficult to find actual user experiences. Based on most reviews, it takes patience to get the results and pain is usually involved. However, the same users said they are satisfied with the result.