How to Find Best Organic Facial Products?
So what do you need to know about natural organic face cream?
Take a look at the ingredients on your favorite beauty products. You wouldn’t eat them, would you? Probably not… Especially, if the conventional anti wrinkle product is rich in chemicals with unpronounceable and scary-sounding names.
I wouldn’t eat that stuff either-which prompted me to ask why I’d slather it all over my face day in and day out.
Does it live up to the “good for you” hype? Or is it just another marketing tool manufactured by global conglomerates? Here’s what I learned about organic facial products:
Why Should I Use All Natural Face Cream & Avoid Toxic Chemicals?
After doing my research, I just don’t feel good about the things some companies include in their anti wrinkle creams. Here are just two of the laundry list of potential toxins to avoid that find their way into products we use every day.
- Parabens, which are found in everything from face moisturizers to anti aging cleansers, are preservatives that have been shown to cause allergic reactions and affect hormones. Researchers have found traces of parabens in breast cancer cells. Parabens take a number of different forms, but they’re simple to identify because “paraben” will be part of the name, such as Ethylparaben or Propylparaben.
- Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS) and Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLES) are known irritants that are found frequently in cosmetic cleansers. The problem is that they’re also found in engine degreasers and garage floor cleaning solutions. And we’re supposed to apply that to our face-yuck!
Organic face creams are different. High-quality companies formulate them to be healthy and gentle on the skin. Because they’re manufactured with health in mind, they are typically also ideal for people with sensitive skin because they’re free from the chemicals that cause itchy redness and embarrassing rashes.
How Do I Know Natural Facial Creams are Really Organic?
Just because a bottle features a pretty green label doesn’t necessarily mean it’s one of the organic facial products.
Although regulations may vary from country to country, in the United States, the Department of Agriculture (USDA) requires products labeled “organic facial cream” to be made from at least 95% certified organic ingredients. An organic face cream formulated with at least 70% natural ingredients is only allowed to claim “made with organic ingredients”.
What Natural Face Lift Cream Ingredients Should I Look for?
- Vitamin C – This antioxidant is known to boost the production of collagen as well as reduce wrinkles. Some users also say it reduces the appearance of sun-triggered discoloration.
- Vitamin E – It’s not just good for your ticker! In an organic skin cream, vitamin E heals skin damage and reduces those very visible signs of aging, like crow’s feet, lines, and furrows.
- Grapeseed – Antioxidant. Moisturizer. This powerful ingredient does it all. Users say it’s great for sensitive skin users, and it’s sometimes recommended for those who live with a diagnosed skin condition, such as rosacea.
- Phytessence Wakame – Derived from a kelp species found in the Japanese Sea, this is an increasingly popular ingredient. In organic creams, it works by blocking an enzyme that breaks down the collagen and elastin fibers that give skin a youthful structure.
- Hyaluronic Acid – Age naturally (and cruelly) reduces this important substance that’s responsible for the production and maintenance of collagen, which helps form the foundation of skin.
Natural face creams might also include ingredients such as aloe vera, jojoba oil, rosemary, palm oil, emu oil, and goat’s milk.
What about Homemade Organic Face Creams?
Can you make organic cream at home? Absolutely. In fact, it’s one way to ensure you know exactly what’s going into that product you’re putting on your face.
Check out all natural beauty websites or find a well-reviewed book that details recipes for all natural creams, cleansers, body lotions, and even lip balms.
Ingredients, such as vitamin E oil or rose water are available at health food or supplement stores or online. Find other ingredients for an organic anti aging skin cream, like cocoa butter or coconut oil, in your kitchen or bathroom cabinet.
Beautiful skin doesn’t have to be the product of a mad scientist’s lab, no matter how old you are.
Whether you choose a ready-to-use natural facial cream or a homemade organic face cream you can be sure your skin will be more beautiful naturally.
More Beauty Tips? Go from Organic Face Cream to Anti Aging Face Wrinkle Cream