April 9, 2011
Need a healthy pick-me-up? Try this great tasting Mocha Smoothie to kick start your morning or afternoon.
This sweet frozen treat is sugar free and sweetened with bananas.
I added chocolate rice protein but you can add cocoa powder or carob powder or even try hot chocolate mix.
For those coffee lovers, add a teaspoon of instant coffee (or a bit of strong brewed coffee) to get that hint of coffee taste and smell. Just the delicious smell of fresh brewed coffee is enough to get me moving. I could literally hold a cup of hot coffee and be just as well off. It’s the fumes that get me going.
This frozen drink is great for warm days or warm mornings when summer gets here…I am ready! Give me a minute to blend up a tall glass of Mocha Smoothie and I’ll be ready for the day.
- 1 cup coconut milk (or almond milk)
- 1 frozen banana, broken into pieces
- 2 tablespoons chocolate protein (or cocoa powder or carob powder or hot chocolate mix)
- 1 teaspoons instant coffee (or about 1/4 cup strong brewed coffee)
- Add all the ingredients into your blender and blend until smooth and creamy.