Makita BJR181Z 18-Volt LXT Lithium-Ion Reciprocating Saw Review – The Cheap Alternative
The Makita BJR181Z 18-Volt LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless Reciprocating Saw is a great piece of kit for faster cutting and demolition on job sites (but can be also used) for personal use. It has a high-torque motor and a 1-1/8-inch stroke, purpose built for a wide range of cutting and demolition tasks. This is a cordless saw and so depends on battery power however this must be purchased separately as MAKITA do not make it inclusive.
Guide Review – Makita BJR181Z 18-Volt LXT Lithium-Ion Reciprocating Saw
Sale Price: $144.00
You save: $94.00 (39%)
Availability: In Stock
Eligible for free shipping!
Makita is a world renowned manufacturer of high quality industrial power tools with a matching set of high quality accessories. It is just one in an expansive range of products that the company boast. Located in California, it is one of the most successful industrial power tool manufactures in the US.
Main Feature List
- High torque motor( Makita Built) that churns out 0-2,900 strokes per minute is coupled with 1-1/8-inch stoke for rapid cutting and utmost efficiency;
- Compacted design and light weight fix for less operator fatigue;
- Comes with a finger trigger, a built in LED light to illuminate the work surface, and a huge tool hook( capable of being retracted);
- Delivers 430% total lifetime work through Energy Star rated Optimum Charger as well as Makita LXT Lithium-Ion battery, and in turn spins out operation time by 2.5 times;
- Warranty cover for 3 years
Who is it best for?
Once again, the same as all the other cordless saws, this one is a very versatile product and can be applied to many situations. Although the company Makita specialize in the manufacturing of industrial tools, this product can be used at home as well and by anyone due to its extreme compactness and lightweight. Keep away from children due to the sharp blades.
Makita BJR181Z 18-Volt LXT Lithium-Ion Reciprocating Saw Pros and Cons:
- A real advantage of this product is its compactness which frees the operator from the fatigue he (or she) might experience from heavier, larger saws.
- Another advantage is the light and their hooks which seem pretty basic components yet make a huge difference to the convenience of using the tool.
- On the other hand, like many other hand held tools, this too suffers from vibration which can be a real nuisance and discomfort for the operator.
- The fact that the product does not come with a battery is another let down and for those people with no previous Makita products, this means going out and buying a compatible battery which like most other cordless saws, does not last long.
- It has a lower price than its competitors!
Why you should buy it
Overall I would have to be in favor of this saw as it boasts a low price (respectively) and has proven to be a very durable, long lasting product whilst receiving a much more positive reception than negative.
Makita BJR181Z 18-Volt LXT Lithium-Ion Reciprocating Saw – Final Verdict
For a cheap alternative, it can certainly hold its own!