Makita 2705 Table Saw Review
The Makita 2705 10-Inch Contractor Table Saw is a professional saw for the jobsite that gives precise and smooth cuts with protection. It is extremely efficient because it comes with a rip fence, carbide tripped blade, meter gauge, stand and wrenches.
Makita 2705 10-Inch Contractor Table Saw Features
- This saw rips 4 times thick materials in one pass.
- It includes a 22-1/4” deep table that can be extended from 29-5/8” to 42”.
- The T – Slot meter gauge facilities versatile cutting.
- There is an adjustable riving knife with modular safe guard system.
- There is a spreader and anti kickback pawls for thorough cutting.
- The saw facilitates ripping plywood as large as 4” x 8”.
- Includes the 10-Inch Contractor Table Saw, rip fence, meter gauge, 32T carbide-tipped blade, push stick, and wrenches.
- Has a one year limited warranty.
Powerful and Convenient to Use
The Makita 2705 10-Inch Contractor Table Saw has an electric brake and is able to produce 4,800 RPM which can cut through hard wood or any objects without difficulty. The spreader, modular blade guard system and riving knife lets you cut easily without removing the throat plate. For any kind of powerful carpentry work, this saw can be used at the job sites or at home. With accurate cuts and measurements, it gives you the convenience of carpentry. All the necessary equipments including the wrench, push stick, meter gauge, saw blade, dado blade, power supply cord and safety guard system can accomplish practical wood works by ripping wood of various lengths, widths and thicknesses.
Superior Performance and Durability
Powered by a 15 amp motor that delivers 4,800 rpm, this table saw have greater cutting capacity to rip 4 x 8 foot sheets of plywood material in a single pass. The professionals use this tool on daily basis for consistent performance which makes their work easier. With the anti-kickback pawls and riving knife, it does precise cutting through the densest materials with speed and ease. They can be adjusted to three different positions for dado, through and non – through cuts. There is also a large on and off switch for convenience and an easy-to-read scale for fast adjustments.
Pros of Using the Makita 2705 10-Inch Contractor Table Saw
- This powerful table saw is useful for the carpenters, furniture makers, cabinet installers, decking and flooring contractors etc at job sites.
- Each saw is warranted to be free of defects and includes one year warranty from the original purchase date.
- The powerful motor is equipped with a blade brake, rip fence and table extension.
- The precision-machined table top facilitates accurate cuts.
Cons of Using the Makita 2705 10-Inch Contractor Table Saw
- There is a problem in the rip fence because it does not lock tight and is not easy to adjust in line with the blade.
- The saw is a little heavy to use for new carpenters.
- The cast frame that holds the motor makes it less portable.
Overall, this Makita 2705 Table Saw is good for cutting rough edges and terrains smoothly without giving much difficulty and it is because of the good engineering that this saw has become iconic at jobsites for the professionals. Considering the durability, technology and usage, it works far better than many other table saws in terms of performance and convenience.