Women hate cellulite. It is one of the most feared problems these days. Cellulite is a type of fat that sits on the upper thighs and butt area of million of people. Usually the cellulite affects women but males are also affected, in a lower proportion. Nowadays the society views cellulite as an unpleasant and unsightly form of body fat. Cellulite looks like lumpy, cottage cheese. Sometimes it looks like the skin of an orange.
But the bad thing about this cellulite is that once you get it, it is very hard to eliminate it. Even if it is just body fat, regular burning fat methods can prove to me useless. But do not be desperate! With the right diet and the correct exercise routines you too can have the thighs and the butt of a model.
People do not really know what causes cellulite. Experts say that the amount of estrogen in the blood affects this body fat positioning. This could be seen as the main reason why women have cellulite. Many scientists also say that cellulite is strictly related to the quantity of toxins in the body. The toxins are causing the fat to deposit on the thighs and the butt. Other people simply say that it is a matter of exercise.
There is no definitive answer to what causes cellulite. Nowadays many women turn to plastic surgery to solve this problem. But let’s not go that far. There are still some good and non-invasive procedures that can help women lose their cellulite.
I recently spoke to a plastic surgeon and he told me that cellulite is strictly connected to the flexibility of the connective tissue. If the connective tissue gets compromised, the fat cells will bulge upwards and you will see that the skin looks like an unattractive orange skin. Since there are many things to talk about, it is clear that even the scientific community has problems with defining this problem. Maybe there is a single cause or maybe there are all of them combined.
The good news is that there are many approaches that will help you remove the unappealing orange skin look. Here are those approached, detailed and you g\can go through them step-by-step:
1. Improve the connective tissue. Having a well hydrated skin is the best thing you can do. This means you have to eat food that is rich in vitamin C and also in bioflavonoids. The best nutrients can be found in oranges, any citrus fruits, cherries, peppers, all kinds of berries, grapefruits and many green leafy vegetables.
2. Get rid of the toxins in your body. Drink pure water. Drink 2 liters each day so that your water level is the right one. There is nothing worst than a dehydrated skin. It is the perfect environment for cellulite. So drink water as much as you can and avoid carbohydrate juices.
3. Try not to expose your body to toxins. Keep away from environmental toxins as much as you can. It is not hard to do that. For example, stop smoking or stay away from the cigarette smoke. Avoid excessive alcohol consumption, unnecessary medications and things like that. You have no idea how much this will help you.
4. Keep the estrogen levels in check. Eat a lot of cruciferous vegetables every day: cabbage, broccoli, brussel sprouts and cauliflower. Did you know that cabbage contains a substance called indole-3-carbinol (I3C) – it has a very positive effect on estrogen metabolism. Plus, these vegetables will allow you to detoxify the body.
5. Lose the excess body fat. Even if the cellulite has unique characteristics, you still need to get rid of the body fat.
So let’s start with the diet. Have a diet that keeps the insulin levels to the right level. The high insulin prevents the body from burning cellulite and this is why you have to be careful with the insulin level. You can start by eliminating sugar, red meat and any processed foods from the diet.
And now let’s talk about exercises. Exercises will reduce cellulite even if you do not believe it. You need an effective approach even if you have seen how your aerobics teacher has cellulite. You need to carry on high intensity sprint training. Sprint workouts will train the hamstrings (back of the legs muscles) and the gluts in a very effectively way. At the same time it elevates the metabolism significantly.
Combine these high intensity routines with resistance exercises that target the affected area. Stimulate the production of lean muscles and you will see how the cellulite goes ways. Do some of these exercises: KB Swings, Single Leg Romanian Deadlifts, and Band Good Mornings.
Cellulite does not have to stay with you for the rest of your life. You can get rid of it quite easily.