What to consider when choosing the glove for your suitable usage:
1. The workplace condition
- Temperature: temperature of the working environment would affect the comfort of wearing the glove while working. It is very important issue to consider when choosing the right glove to wear as it would create life threatening to the worker if worker are not comfort with the hand protection given.
- Repetitive movements: chores or task that need user to work in this situation need to have a good flexibility and durability glove.
- Watery assignment: assignment or task that involve watery element require a long cuff glove to protect the whole hand in order to reduce the risk of penetrating toward user skin surface.
2. The type of hazard (what type of chemical, equipment and etc): Different type of glove had their own weakness when come to usage, as mention in below table.
3. The assignment (duty, chore and etc): Different type of glove is meant to perform different type of task. As mention in the table below, you can clearly see the different type of material glove is good for which industries.
4. The user (size, state of health and etc): The right sizes to fit on the hand would not only create the comfort to work with but also provide comfort to the user to continuous use the second skin to work without any worries that will endanger their life for example latex allergy.
5. The duration of usage of the glove: The time duration of wearing glove would be different with different requirement in any industries. User comfort had to be taking into consideration apart of the durability of the glove.
Comparison of different glove material, table below:
|Glove||Good for||Bad for||Best solution|
|Vinyl (Polyvinyl Chloride)||• Acids, bases, oils, fats, peroxides and amines• Resistance to abrasions||• Organic Solvents• Contact with ketones and aromatic solvents||• Low hazard chemicals• Food hygiene use|
|Latex (Natural Rubber)||• Biohazard protection• Inorganic chemicals||• Organic solvents• Handling oils, grease and hydrocarbon derivatives||• Lower down the infections risks|
|Nitrile||• Solvents, oils, greases, hydrocarbons and some acids and bases• Alternative choice apart from latex for biochemical work||• Intentional contact with ketones, oxidizing acids and organic compounds containing nitrogen||• Splash protection against chemicals|
|Polyethylene||• Comfort and dexterity• Maintain a hygienic environment free from biological contaminants||• Heavy usage• Handling chemical and equipment||• Food preparation• Short task|
To buy glove please click here.