|Generac 5622 GP5000 6,250 Watt 389cc OHV Portable Gas Powered Generator|
|Retail Price: $779.76|
|Amazon Price: $895.00|
The Generac 5622 GP5000 6,250 Watt 389cc OHV Portable Gas Powered Generator is one of the most reliable power sources available on the market. One of the best things about this generator is that its 389-cc OHV engine not only delivers the power that is needed during an unexpected power outage, it also allows the generator have superior performance. The sturdy steel-tube cradle is designed to protect the generator itself from any outside damage, but also helps enhance the look of the generator.
This generator comes equipped with a 6.6-gallon steel gas tank that allows the generator to run at a 50% capacity for 10 full hours, and with the built in fuel gauge it is easy to monitor how much gas is left. This generator puts out 5,000 continuous watts of power, but can put out 6,250 watts for when appliances first start up. As an added bonus, Generac provides users with their first supply of oil, which many generator companies do not.
• Steel Fuel Tank and Incorporated Fuel Gauge – I really enjoy that the fuel tank is made from steel, much better construction than a plastic fuel tank. The steel fuel tank to me says this is a quality generator that is going to last for years to come rather than just a year or two. Even better is the fuel gauge that works with the fuel tank. This gauge is easy to read, so I can easily look and see if I am running low on gas.
• Wheel Kit with fold down handles – This is truly one of the most portable generators that I have ever owned. I bring it with me on camping, but also use it at home if the power goes out. The wheel kit makes lugging the generator around a piece of cake, especially with the two handles and the comfortable grips. Even better is when I am done with the handles they fold and lock into place so they are no longer in the way.
• Low Oil Shutdown – One problem that some generators face is ruining the engine due to running on little to no oil. Many generators have a low oil light or alert, but that is easy to miss. I like the fact that this generator has a low oil shutdown option because it prevents the machine from running if the oil is low or even empty so no damage can occur.
• Never Flat Wheels – There is nothing worse than going to move the generator by hand to find that the one of the wheels.
• Overload-Protected Outlets – This generator comes with four 120-volt outlets and one 120/240 volt 30-amp twist lock outlet. Even better is that all of these outlets are circuit breaker protected, so every appliance plugged into the generator is protected against any kind of power overload.
• Few pulls to start – The only thing that would make this generator even better is if it started on the first try ever time. Most of the time it starts on the first two pulls, but there is enough times that it takes 5 or more tries that it gets rather frustrating. If they had an electric start option rather than a pull start option I would have opted for that.
• Not Sold in CA – Another issue with this generator is that it is non-CARB compliant, which means it is not available in the state of CA.
This 5,000-watt generator is the perfect choice for use at home for unexpected power outages, but can also be used with your RV or at a construction job site. One of the best features with this generator is its compact design, in fact it only measures 33.5 x 26.5 x 27.5 inches and with the handles it can be transported anywhere it needs to go.
Price Alert: Currently Amazon.com is offering free shipping and a generous 10% discount for the Generac 5622 GP5000 389cc OHV Portable Gas Powered Generator. This means you’ll save $80.76 from the usual retail price.