–TO BE EDITED–
The chop saw is a standard workshop tool used to perform various tasks around the home and at construction sites. A chop saw ensures that you are accurate and efficient which can be a challenge when using manual saw. You should be aware of these safety tips to help you operate the chop saw without problems.
One of the most common chop saws used is the circular saw. This power tool is easy to use which can cause people to forget about the safety measures. You will find that the circular saw is listed as one of the most dangerous tools that are used in the workshop. You must wear proper protection gear and be very careful when operating this power tool.
Carelessness can lead to injuries and even death.
You should stick to all the safety precautions given in the manual of the chop saw. This will ensure that you enjoy using the saw and remain healthy. Here are some tips to keep you safe when using the these types of power saw.
• You should wear goggles to protect your eyes from dust and debris which could hurt while working. You should wear a mask to protect your respiratory system to ensure that you do not develop long term health problems.
• When you want to change the blades of the power saw, you should unplug it completely. This will ensure that you are safe and no one can switch it on accidentally. Failure to do that can result in injuries, and the cord and blades can also get damaged.
• You should check the lower blade guard while the saw in not plugged in; make sure that it can retract and snap smoothly when released over the blade.
• Make sure that you use the correct blade depth when using the chop saw. This means that when unplugged, it should be locked in a good depth that goes under the surface recommended by the manufacturer. The chop saw blade is made to clear the bottom of the wood or any other surface being cut.
• The surface being cut should be supported. This is essential and you may need two supports and a number of clamps.
All these tips are important when using the saw and can help you exercise extreme care. Use common sense and stick to the rules given by the manufacturer. You can read the manufacturer’s manual to help you understand more about how to use a these saws safely.