For just under $150, Char Broil Patio Caddie grill is an excellent pick for those with limited space or simply want a portable gas grill that can be taken on the road or outdoor camping trips.
The unique award-winning vertical grill design has made this Charbroil gas grill one of the most popular outdoor barbeque grills in the grilling community.
This full height propane gas grill takes up merely 28 inches of surface area, so it will fit in the tiniest patio, backyard, condo or apartment deck arrangements.
Powered by just one gas burner Char Broil Patio Caddie is efficient enough to cook basic barbecues – small to medium size servings for a family of 4 to 6 people. Even though the cooking area is quite small – only 187 sq. inches of premium porcelain cooking surface, you will find that this portable grill’s design is quite effective in producing cooking heat for it’s modest size. Perfect for roasting mesquite chicken, half-dozen bratwurst, burgers, bacons or any other light bbq meals.
Charbroil Patio Caddie also comes with a thermostatic handle at the top – useful if you need to carry it on outdoor trips. Below is the review of pros and cons for this grill.
Pros of Char Broil Patio Caddie Gas Grill
- A full-size gas grill in economical and efficient narrow vertical grill design
- Sufficient for most basic bbq grilling with one propane gas burner at 10,000 BTU
- Rust-proof ceramic steel lid for easy cleaning after cooks
- Built with Char-Broil patented Thermsulate temperature gauge for clear heating level indications
- Easy to move around with installed rolling wheels on solid plastic base
- Simple convenient electric push-button ignitor
- Consistent heat distribution with single cast iron grate
- Collects dripping grease to a catcher for effortless disposal
- Fits both LP 11-1/2- and 20 lbs propane tanks
Cons of Patio Caddie Grill
- Just a basic bbq grill – Charbroil gas grill won’t cook you the best tasting steaks or veggies
- Complicated assembly that requires use of Phillips screwdriver, wrench and pliers. And takes about 30 minutes to an hour to put together
If you live in apartments with limited space balcony, or simply can’t accommodate large cooking area for big outdoor barbeque grills, then this full-size portable gas grill is the best pick. Char-Broil Patio Caddie is a perfect balance between full-feature propane grill and portability.
It also comes in electric version.
Many users have also found the Char-Broil 2186140 Patio Caddie Cover very useful to prolong your grill’s lifetime, especially if you keep it outside, prone to rusting and water damage by changing weather conditions.
Return from Patio Caddie to Char-Broil Gas Grills