Best Portable Generators for Home Use – Champion 46515 196cc 4-Stroke
Best Portable Generators for Home Use – Champion 46515 196cc 4-Stroke Overview
The Champion Power Equipment 46515 is a 196cc 4-Stroke gasoline engine driven alternating current portable generator. The major advantage of this portable generator the smooth and clean electricity it can provide not to mention the added safety features to ensure safe and convenient operation. The 196 cc four – stroke gas engine is capable of generating up to 4000 watts maximum power output that can light a decent sized house. A full tank can supply up to twelve hours of continuous power with a 50% load. The Champion Power Equipment 46515 is equipped with an air cooled engine and low oil shut off system to protect the engine from damage. The low oil indicator provides early warning so users can either add new oil or change it altogether. Best price at AMA
Best Portable Generators for Home Use – Champion 46515 196cc 4-Stroke Features
- This comes with a solid construction in cast iron sleeve and full heavy duty steel frame. Featuring a 196 cc OHV CPE gas powered engine, this uses regular unleaded fuel with a minimum of 85 octane rating and no oil / fuel mix is needed. Fifteen liters fuel capacity (about four gallons).
- Equipped with a recoil starter, engine choke and 120 Volts 30 Amps RV Receptacle (120 Volt AC, 60 Hz) single phase loads.
- Voltmeter for displaying and monitoring the output voltage of the portable generator with 3500 running wattage and 4000 watts power surge.
- 120 volts AC load and up to sixty hertz frequency and minimum noise level at 68dB.
- Approximated weight at 101 lbs.
Best Portable Generators for Home Use – Champion 46515 196cc 4-Stroke Parts Included
- Spark Arrester Kit inclusive of one spark arrester and one piece cover plate including a sparkplug socket. Oil funnel is also included.
Best Portable Generators for Home Use – Champion 46515 196cc 4-Stroke Safety Features
- Safe to use with its integrated fuel valve design for controlling the supply of fuel to the engine. The air cleaner provide engine protection by filtering dust and debris from the air intake.
- Sockets are circuit breaker protected from electrical overload and come with a safety ignition switch.
- Other safety features include twist lock, low oil sensor, low oil shut-off system and overload protection.
Best Portable Generators for Home Use – Champion 46515 196cc 4-Stroke Product Disadvantage
- Non – CARB Compliant / Not available in California
- No four prongs outlet
Best Portable Generators for Home Use – Champion 46515 196cc 4-Stroke CONclusion
One of the excellent features of Champion Power Equipment 46515 is its convenient power panel. The single panel is where all important switches, safety features, and monitoring equipment are located from the ignition switch to the circuit breakers, voltmeter, 120 V 30 A Twist-Lock, 120 V 30 A RV Receptacle, 120 V 20 A Receptacle, and ground terminal. The entire terminals are all accessible from one side and the four point base support system provides enough stability and protection against unwarranted vibration.
All in all, the Champion Power Equipment 46515 is a good investment. The generator is capable of supplying enough power to run TV, refrigerators, lights, and sump pump simultaneously without risk of power fluctuation or power surge. And decent sized house, job sites, and camp sites can benefit from this and with its excellent safety features, all sensitive electronics can be operated without risk. Best price at AMA