When it comes to easy acne solutions, some shoppers want to know if Cellex-C Skin Perfecting Pen is the right solution to embarrassing blemish problems.
Manufactured by the same company that sells the popular Cellex-C Cream, this anti acne formula comes in a glass vial with a roller ball applicator. Users apply it to acne prone skin as well as directly onto pimples and blemishes.
- The product offers zinc, which some skin care experts believe helps regulate production of the hormones that trigger acne breakouts. It’s also believed to regulate healthy production of skin oils. I was unable to find anything on the Cellex-C skin care company website that listed how much zinc they put into the product, making it hard to know if there’s an effective amount.
- The ingredient list also contains what the company calls a phyto-chemical complex, which is a fancy way of saying Cellex-C Skin Perfecting Pens contain chemicals found in plants.
- One of these botanical ingredients is olive leaf, which is a centuries-old treatment for skin problems. It was often added to poultices which were applied to irritated areas. Olive leaf is said to treat acne and blemishes by killing the bacteria that causes clogged pores.
- Cellex Perfecting Pen also offers rosemary to replenish skin’s moisture and eucalyptus to relieve irritation.
- It’s true that the Perfecting Pen offers naturally-based ingredients that suggest it might be a gentle way to relieve acne afflicted skin. However, other than an undetermined level of zinc, it doesn’t appear to contain any heavy-duty acne fighting ingredients.
Consumer Reports – Cellex-C Skin Perfecting Pen Reviews
Online reviewers gave Skin Perfecting Pen mixed ratings. A few said it reduced redness caused by blemishes. One customer wrote she used it to reduce red spots on her nose left behind by her glasses.
Others say it shortens the life cycle of pimples, so even though they still experience breakouts, they’re shorter in duration. But others called the pen an overhyped product that didn’t do a thing to clear up blemishes or prevent acne.
On one popular skin care product review site, only 40% of users said they’d recommend it to others.
If you’re looking for heavy duty blemish banishing power, the largely gentle ingredients and lackluster consumer reviews suggest you may want to look elsewhere. It seems the Cellex Skin Perfecting Pen may be more suited to alleviating the redness and irritation that comes with acne outbreaks instead of stopping breakouts before they start.
More Beauty Tips? Go from Cellex-C Skin Perfecting Pen to Cellex-C Review