In looking for the best inversion table, there are a few things that you need to consider before purchasing the inversion table that best suits your needs. First, you need to realize the benefits of inversion table therapy. Many people have turn to such therapy the help relieve many health and stress related problems. Using and inversion therapy table can potentially lead to the following benefits:
• Relieve Back Pain by decompressing your joints and spine. This decompression relieves damaging pressure from your nerves and discs, helping your to recover needed moisture in your spine.
• Proper alignment. Using a gravity inversion table can help realign your spine back to the proper S-curve shape it should have.
• Increased Flexibility. By hanging upside down on an inversion table, you will be able to increase your flexibility in ways that are not possible while standing up. Areas that can be statically-actively stretched include your hips, back, neck, legs, and shoulders (at least these are the most commonly stretched muscle groups).
• Better blood flow to your brain. Because your head rests above your heart, it is more difficult to pump blood to your brain than it is to your lower body. By assisting your heart in this process, inversion table therapy can increase the blood flow to your brain tissues.
• Ability to perform certain exercises more effectively. An important part to an effective muscle building program is the ability to ‘shock’ your muscles—i.e. train them differently. Performing specific inversion table exercises such as upside down crunches can be an excellent way to work these muscle groups and increase the effectiveness of your overall health program.
Second, when looking to purchase an inversion table, it’s important to make sure you have one that fits your properly. Fortunately, this does not necessarily mean that you have to go to the store and try out every single inversion table available before making a decision. Most inversion tables are built to accommodate people of all different shapes, lengths, and sizes so you can feel fairly comfortable even just purchasing an inversion table online. However, if you do choose to go the online route (which is highly recommended due to the better pricing online), be sure to read several different inversion table reviews. Some things to remember when reading:
• Read the lowest rating inversion table reviews first. These will give you ideas of what can and has gone wrong with the machine.
• Concentrate on what people are saying about comfort and ease of use. Make sure if you’re feet and ankles are sensitive that the inversion table has padded foot clamps, as inversion table hurting your ankles is by far the most common complaint but can be remedied by either wearing shoes or having a well-padded inversion table.
• Remember that some people will just not be realistic when it comes to an inversion therapy table. Of course it is going to take some time (probably 3-5 sessions) to get used to inverting, so try not to concentrate on people who were not willing to allow their body time to adjust properly.
Finally, before thinking about purchasing an inversion table, be sure to speak with your doctor. Inversion table therapy is not for everyone, especially for those who have heart disease, high blood pressure, are pregnant, or have certain eye diseases like glaucoma. Furthermore, if you have serious back pain get your doctors blessing before starting an inversion table program.