Best Spin Mop
Are you looking for the best way to mop the floor? Do you want to wipe the floor clean without much hassle? Do you want to make your floor shine while cleaning it? If the answer to any of these questions is a yes, then this blog post is for you.
No matter whether you want to clean up huge messes and spills in an industrial setting, just your office, or even in your household, a spin mop comes in handy. Where traditional methods of mopping the floor are onerous and leave liquid trails on the floor, a spin mop is hassle-free and addresses most of the infuriating floor mopping issues.
Just like the name suggests, a spin mop is attached with extra-absorbent microfibers that branch out from a flat rotating plate. This plate spins as you move it on the floor. This way the spin mop collects a lot of debris and dirt and requires far less toiling.
Moreover, it makes the cleaning process quicker, easier, and more effectual. Since a spin mop comes with an extended handle, it does not result in knee and back pain as is common with conventional methods of cleaning the floor.
Moreover, a spin mop is called by many different names, including sponge mops, flat mops, string mops, steam mops, and spray mops. With a spin mop, you do not have to touch the dirty mop or water. You do not require rags or towels to clean up surplus water. Furthermore, the floor dries quickly with a spin mop.
However, there are a lot of spin mops available, which makes it tricky to find the best one for yourself. In such a scenario, this guide for finding the best spin mop is really helpful. In this article, you’ll get to know about the best spin mops available in the market, which can make your work easy for you.
You can choose any of the spin mops listed here and wipe your home or office clean. But, before we learn about the best spin mops, let us look at the considerations that you must look for in a spin mop before buying one.
What to look for in a spin mop
Most of the spin mops come with a machine washable and reusable head. However, not all of them come with this facility. So how can you decide what all things a spin mops should definitely have? When buying a spin mop, there are some things that you must reflect. We’ve listed all these things in this blog post so that you can buy the best spin mop for yourself.
When using a spin mop, you would definitely want to cover most of the floor surface in a single go while you’re at it. Therefore, it is better to go for a wider mop head, which can wipe up a lot of floor surface for you in one go. However, if you have a small room, which has many nooks and crannies, then you must opt for a smaller mop head. The diameters of spin mops vary from one to another. They range between 11 inches and 14 inches.
Additionally, you must also look at the material from which the mop head is made of. Most of the spin mop heads are made of microfibers. This synthetic yarn is very effectual in collecting and holding grime, grit, and dust. Moreover, it easily gets rid of the debris when you rinse it and resists stains that make the mop look fresh even after many uses. Moreover, see that the spin mop head is machine washable and can be used again. Additionally, some spin mops come with an additional mop head.
Spin mops come indifferent sized handles. This means you need to buy one according to your preferences. So, if you’re tall, you need to ensure that the handle is long as well so that you can use it comfortably without straining your back or leaning over.
Additionally, you would require long handles in a spin mop if you want to clean high places such as shelf tops and windows. So, if you clean such spots on a regular basis, you’ll require a long handle in your spin mop.
In such a case, there are some spin mops that come with extensions, which are sold with the mops or individually. Moreover, there are mops that come with telescopic handles, which can be adjusted according to your preferences. This will not result in a backache and let you mop comfortably.
Furthermore, you should look at the material from which the spin mop handle is made of. Most of the spin mop handles are made of stainless steel or aluminum. Here, you must note that stainless steel is a tad heavier and aluminum is lightweight. However, stainless steel is sturdier as compared to aluminum.So, keep this in mind while you shop for a spin mop.
You need to check out the design of the bucket that comes with the spin mop. There are several things that you must examine in the bucket’s design. One of these things includes the pour spout on the bucket’s lip. This is really important when you have to throw away the filthy water. The water should not splatter on the floor while you use the mop and spin it. A few spin mops come with an anti-splash accessory, which is quite useful in such a case of water splashing.
Additionally, you need to check the handle of the bucket, which should be sturdy enough. The bucket should be made of a durable and thick material. Most of the spin mop buckets are made of plastic to ensure that the plastic is sturdy.
The bucket should be lightweight so that you can lift it with ease. Or else, you can check whether the bucket comes with wheels so that you can move it around easily as well as quickly while you clean the floor.
Moreover, some buckets come with a foot pedal, which comes in handy. However, some customers say that this can break easily and is quite feeble.There are also spin mop bucket systems that are equipped with 2 mop heads, one dry and one wet. So, you can use one for dusting and the other for wet purposes.
When buying anything, even a spin mop, you need to look at the brand of the product. A good brand product comes with its own attributes, not to mention excellent quality and durability. This means when you buy a spin mop from a reputable brand, you can rest assured that it is of high quality and long lasting as well. Plus, a good brand offers great after care services, if required.
Easy to use
The spin mop you buy must be easy to use. This means it should come with unambiguous directions. Moreover, it should be soft on your hands. Make sure that you rinse the mop head following a few mops on the floor.
11 Best Spin Mops
- Hurricane 360 Spin Mop by BulbHead
Hurricane 360 spin mop from BulbHead is an ideal mop, if you want to have your hard surfaces clean and tidy. The spin mop works well on ceramic tile, marble, laminate, hardwood and other surfaces quickly and effectively. It is capable of picking up pet hair, dirt, dust and other debris and also polishes and cleans simultaneously.
The multipurpose spin mop eliminates the need to sweep or vacuum your floor before you clean it. The mop heads made of microfiber can be reused and washed for about 300 times eliminating the need for replacement pads.
Other features of the mop include light weight of just 2 pounds making it easy to maneuver, 360 degree rotation of mop head for cleaning tight corners, edges and baseboards and centrifugal spinning of bucket enabling easy drying of mop head. In short, unlike conventional mops, Hurricane spin mop helps keep your floors clean and dry without much effort. The dimensions include 20.2 x 11 x 12 inches and the package weight is 5.1 pounds.
- The mop head and mop bucket are designed excellently saving time and effort
- Need not use hands to wring the mop or clean it
- Cleaning is a breeze
- Removes moisture from wet areas leaving them clean and dry
- Cleaning is reduced to half the time
- Works very good alongside walls
- Mop head is machine washable
- The plastic material is not of good quality. It breaks easily
- The bucket and mop are not stable
- Mop is soft and does not scrub well
- Mop head is made of heavy material which makes it difficult to spin
- The handle is too short
- The mop disk keeps disconnecting from mop stick which is annoying
- Replacement mops cost more than the product
- Mopnado Rolling Spin Mop
Mopnado spin mop is made of superior grade stainless steel handle for better durability while wielding the mop head. The patented mop design ensures easy cleaning of mop head and spinning the mop is also easier than any other competitor model.
The important features include two handles and large wheels for easy cleaning and mobility, stainless steel spin dry basket and two microfiber mop heads, dispenser for cleaning solution and scrub brush. Mopnado spin mop is ideal for cleaning laminate, hardwood, concrete and tile floors.
The mop heads are machine washable and hence can be used for longer duration. The 180 degree swivel mop helps to reach difficult corners and under furniture and the lock mechanism helps to clean your windows. Dimensions of the product package include 20 x 14 x 11.5 inches and it weighs 9.9 pounds
- Design is very good including the style, color and curves
- Mop head spins in water which makes it very clean and effective
- Light in weight, sturdy and with rust free stainless steel handle and basket.
- The two wheels help in better mobility
- Handle is thick and comfortable to carry
- Need not bend too much or push down a lever to work the spin mop
- Mop head also helps to clear dust bunnies and soak up all spills
- The bottom neck is of poor quality
- Mop handle is very short without adding extension and if added is too long. A short extension would be better.
- Mop is very hard to push because of large mop head
- Have to use two hands to keep the mop on floor
- The tub size is big making it difficult to fill or empty it
- Is noisy while moving the bucket
- O-Cedar EasyWring Spin Mop and Bucket Floor Cleaning System
O-Cedar spin mop is a great choice for cleaning your floors as it cleans deep and effortlessly. The hands free wringing with foot pedal action is very good making it easy to control moisture level. The splash guard feature prevents spilling of water when you wring the mop.
The mop head is designed uniquely with a triangle shaped head. It swivels 360 degree enabling easy maneuvering and effective cleaning of all nooks and corners. The mop head is made of microfiber which is effective on all types of hard floors. It is also easy to remove and is machine washable.
The spin mop can be used for dry and wet leaning. The handle has telescopic adjustment and extends to 51 inches and is easy to collapse for compact storage. Product dimensions include 20 x 12 x 12 inches and it weighs 5.3 pounds.
- The size is appropriate and handle can be adjusted easily
- The microfiber mop is easy to detach and wash
- Self-wringing with pedal action is very good
- The small sized bucket is easy to refill
- Removes stubborn and sticky mess easily
- Triangular mop head helps reach all corners
- The length of mop is small
- Water holding bucket is black in color so makes it difficult to know when the water needs changing
- Mop does not wring out fully leaving the floors wet for a long time
- The mop does not properly fit into bucket
- The bucket holding water does not have separate compartments for dirty and clean water making you wash with dirty water unless you empty it frequently
- O-Cedar EasyWring Microfiber Spin Mop & Bucket System
O Cedar spin mop with easy wring feature and 3 extra fills is an ideal mop to buy if you don’t want to use your hands to wring the mop dry whenever you mop the floor. The patented foot pedal design helps in hands free wringing and also helps to control the moisture level. The spin mop features a handle of three sections that can be extended and collapsed according to your needs. The triangular mop head, easy wring bucket and mop together help in efficient cleaning and fast drying of floors. This particular kit has three additional refills. The package weighs 9.5 pounds.
- Cleans the floor effectively
- It is light and easy to mover around
- Spin bucket allows easy control of water used for cleaning
- Mop soaks up water quickly
- Is sturdy in spite of plastic body
- Mop head picks up solid debris and get them off from the floor without pushing them all around.
- The threads that connect the mop head to handle are not adequate. They pop off and have to be replaced frequently
- The spin mop is too heavy
- Is not very good in wringing water
- Aligning the mop head with handle is very tedious
- AootekDeluxe Microfiber 360 Spin Mop
Aootek spin mop is ideal for cleaning your kitchen, bathroom, door, car, lobby, bedroom and other places in your home. The mop head has very thin microfiber of great absorbent power enabling effective cleaning. The handle is adjustable up to 180 degrees.
The mop design avoids using your hands for wringing water from the mop. The design is labor saving and does not need any power. With good durability, 360 degree rotation, flexible handle and safe cleaning the product is ideal for home use.
The handle has telescopic rod of 123 cm in length. The basket liner and rod are made of stainless steel and basket size is 46 cm x 26 cm x 23 cm. Package dimension includes 18.4 x 10.8 x 9.8 inches and the item weighs 4.8 pounds. The product has a one year warranty.
- The mop is self-wringing with just pushing the handle against the bucket which is very easy
- The stainless steel handle and lining in the basket prevent rusting
- It is easy to clean all nooks and corners with 360 degrees rotation of mop head
- The handling is so easy that even kids can manage it
- Design and quality is very good
- The long handle is very comfortable
- While it is good that microfiber picks up solids and holds on to them, it is difficult to remove the debris from the microfiber
- The plastic fastener that connects handle to mop head is of low quality and cracks easily
- The spin head made of metal is not strong enough and bends easily
- Microfiber moves away from the metal attachment causing it to rub on floor. Cotton would be more preferable and there should be more fabric over the metal for proper cleaning.
- Twist and Shout Spin Mop
Twist and Shout Spin Mop is a uniquely designed spin mop that does not feature any footpedal, plastic spin axis or other moving parts that lead to leakage of water. The mop with life time warranty has 2X power more than other versions of spin mop with its sturdy and light weight design. Features include 54 inch long handle, 360 degree rotation and microfiber with high absorbing power. The mop can also be used dry for picking up dust and hair. Dimensions include 17 x 12 x 12 inches and the weight is 5 pounds
- The long handle helps in easy maneuvering for tall persons
- Splash guard on the bucket is very good
- Avoids backache from bending often to wring the mop dry.
- Great as dry dust mop
- Extension handle is very useful
- Design is sturdy and light in weight
- Convenient to store
- Two mop heads are machine washable.
- Mop and mop bucket are easy to set up
- Bucket is huge so takes longer time to fill
- The handle slide should be unlocked for the mop head to spin in the bucket, if not you may apply excessive force causing the handle or spinner to break.
- Mop handle shakes when mop head is spinning
- No separate compartment for dirty and clean water
- Bulbhead Hurricane 360 Spin Mop
Bulbhead Hurricane Spin Mop with 360 degree rotation is great for cleaning ceramic tile, marble, laminate, hardwood and other types of hard floors without prior vacuuming or sweeping. The light weight handle and 360 degree rotation enables thorough cleaning of all nooks and crannies. The microfiber is very absorbent so prevents dripping or trailing of dirty water. The mop uses centrifugal spinning action to clean and is very easy and effortless to clean with. The dimensions include 21.7 x 11.9 x 10.9 inches and the package weighs 5.8 pounds.
- Easy to set up
- Durable design
- Pressing foot pedal is easy resulting in removing excess water from the mop. This caused floors to dry faster
- Microfiber mop head is very good and is machine washable
- The handle is very short
- While using the mop the plastic top portion wobbles which is annoying
- Quality is not good
- Plastic on lower part of mop head causes scratches on laminate or wood floor
- Bucket leaks near the spin region
- O-Cedar Spin Mop and Bucket Floor Cleaning System
O Cedar Spin mop with bucket is an efficiently built mop with inbuilt wringer in bucket for wringing without using hands. The microfiber is effective in removing dirt. Foot pedal and handle with three sections extending up to 48 inches help in an efficient cleaning that requires minimal effort and leaves no mess behind. It is sold with 3 mop refills. Triangle shaped mop head helps in cleaning difficult to reach areas. Product dimensions include 18 x 13 x 13 inches and it weighs 9 pounds.
- The mop works on ceramic and laminate flooring effectively
- Does not produce any streaks on laminate floor
- Cleans uneven tile too
- Easy to handle as it is light in weight
- Compact feature helps in easy storage after use
- Mop head is machine washable
- Handle and pedal are prone to rusting
- Handle is difficult to extend
- Mop is not effective for cleaning stains or harsh marks
- Hapinnex Magic Ergonomic Spinning Mop
Hapinnex Magic spinning mop comes with self-balanced upgraded bucket that prevents spilling water while you use the spin mop. The mop with its easy press feature, splash guard, self-balancing bucket, ergonomic design and 360 degree swivel enables easy, fast and mess free cleaning. The manufacturer offers a money back guarantee, if you are not satisfied with the product. Other important features include hanging grip, firm anti-slip grip for bucket, durable lock, drain plug and washer disk. The product dimensions include 18.1 x 9.1 x 10.2 inches and it weighs just 4 pounds.
- Easy to use with its light weight design
- Cleans effectively
- The control feature for mop helps in adjusting the wetness or dryness of the mop by reducing or increasing the spinning
- High speed spinning makes way for faster cleaning
- Ideal only for smaller spaces and not for big spaces.
- The short handle is difficult to wring the mop in the bucket.
- Mop head is not fixed to the handle properly. It falls off frequently which is very annoying
10.Goplus Magic Spin Mop
Goplus Spin mop is ideal for cleaning all parts of your home with its highly absorbent microfiber mop head and ergonomic design. The handle is easy to adjust and the design saves plenty of effort, time and water. Important features include 360 degree rotating mop, flexible handle made of plastic, microfiber mop head, plastic bucket and mop, and colorful design. The product package includes a bucket, handle made of stainless steel, a dehydrate basket and 2 mop heads. The product weighs 15 pounds and has dimensions that include 18 x 11 x 12 inches.
- Easy to fill and empty the bucket
- Spin action is very effective
- Reaches all high spots easily
- Price is inexpensive
- Helps to clean without getting your hands in dirty water
- Learning to use it requires some time initially.
- Spinning the mop inside the bucket is a bit difficult
- The handle is made of poor quality material
- Bucket is too small
- Spinning of mop is not sufficient to dry it fully
11.BuyplusSpin Easy Mop Handle
BuyPlus Spin mop features an easy twist and release system for efficient and easy cleaning. It is compactly designed making use and storage a breeze. Important features include stainless steel mop handle, microfiber mop head and plastic bucket. Uses a pull and push action for spinning the mop and is compatible with all press model and pedal buckets. The handle has adjustable length of 52 inches and the assembling is a breeze with the instructions provided. BuyPlus offers 100% satisfaction guarantee for the product, which has dimensions of 17.2 x 7.3 x 2.7 inches and it weighs 1.9 pounds.
- Takes under a minute to set it up
- Handle length is easy to adjust making cleaning very convenient
- Microfiber mop works better than sponge mop
- Light in weight and so very comfortable to use
- Price and quality are good
- Mop is not compatible with all types of mop buckets.
- The handle shrinks leading to neck pain and back pain.
So, now that you know about the best spin mops available in the market and the things that you need to look for in a spin mop, you can buy the right one for yourself. All the best spin mops detailed on this list can tackle any wet mess within a few seconds.