Discover the Truth about Anti Aging Facial Wrinkle Treatment!
My search for the best face wrinkle cream, or treatment, began when my face started to show a line, which became a crease, which turned into a full-fledged, age announcing wrinkle!
Aging is definitely not for the weak of heart. I found that out the hard way the first morning I looked in the mirror and saw crinkles next to my eyes.
And so, from skin care expert websites to online customer reviews, I read it all, and I’m sharing what I learned in this guide about anti aging facial products.
What treatments are available to remove facial wrinkles?
- In-office: Some prefer to wage the anti aging battle in a doctor’s office. And while it’s true that injectables, peels, and lasers can be effective, they come with a hefty price tag. They can also trigger a host of side effects, from unsightly swelling to uncomfortable redness. If you choose this option, you’ll also need to take time off for the office visit and, perhaps, a recovery period.
- Prescription: Health care providers can prescribe strong ointments and creams to banish lines. While some customers prefer this heavy artillery, these medicated products can be harsh on sensitive skin. In addition, a prescription anti wrinkle face cream is also expensive and likely not covered by an insurance plan unless you have a diagnosed skin condition.
- Over the counter: A facial wrinkle treatment is easy to find online or in retail stores. There are a number of well-respected companies who offer effective treatments for everything from raccoon eyes to deep furrows-and often at a price that won’t put you in the poorhouse.
Which ingredients to look for in over-the-counter anti wrinkle face cream?
Those long ingredients lists can be daunting, but you don’t need an advanced college degree to find the perfect face wrinkle cream to treat aging skin. Here’s a list of go-to ingredients:
- Alpha Hydroxy Acids: Also called AHAs, they weaken the glue that connects dying cells to the skin’s surface. Once the dead skin is peeled off, fresh and youthful looking skin takes center stage. Beauty gurus recommend AHA facial treatments for lines and wrinkles as well as age-revealing sun spots. Anti wrinkle products offer AHAs in a range of concentrations, from gentle to heavy-duty.
- Retinol: Think antioxidants are a diet fad buzz word? Think again. Antioxidants, like this powerful form of Vitamin A, are an important part of any anti aging face wrinkle treatment. Research has shown that retinol restores the fibers that help firm skin and reduce wrinkles. In addition to treating damaged skin, it prevents further damage as well. Health experts recommend that pregnant women avoid using a retinol-based face wrinkle cream to avoid an increased risk in birth defects.
- Coenzyme Q10: The ingredient you probably haven’t heard of, this antioxidant is naturally produced by the body. As we age the body produces less of Coenzyme Q10. Studies suggest that adding it to an anti wrinkle facial cream helps minimize lines and wrinkles. According to the Mayo Clinic website, studies also suggest that using it before sun exposure can protect against further damage.
- Collagen builders: From copper peptides to kinetin, these ingredients help skin regain a more youthful appearance by stimulating collagen production. Since collagen gives skin firmness, these are an important building block in recreating skin that’s soft and touchable.
- SPF: Of course you want to reduce wrinkles and lines, but I’m sure you also want to prevent further damage as well. That’s why daytime face wrinkle creams should contain top-quality protection that blocks both kinds of harmful rays: UVA and UVB. Experts at WebMD recommend choosing moisturizers with a minimum SPF 15.
Day creams, night creams…which products should you buy?
Your skin is aging 24 hours a day-so be sure to give it 24/7 protection.
Day anti wrinkle face creams provide lightweight protection and, ideally, sun protection too. A nighttime cream typically comes in a heavier formula designed to deliver power doses of anti aging ingredients.
It’s also important to choose a separate anti aging eye cream as well. They contain many of the same ingredients as a facial cream, but they are designed to stay in place instead of seeping into the eye and causing irritation. In addition, they may be formulated to combat those bags that make a woman look like a haggard intern on a hit medical drama. Look for eye creams in daytime and nighttime formulas to give provide round the clock aging protection.
Will you look 10 years younger?
There are no guarantees when it comes to an anti wrinkle facial cream. In fact, it’s safe to say that you won’t achieve the softness of a baby’s bottom. However, well-formulated products will improve the appearance of crow’s feet, frown lines, and other age markers.
Remember that many of these treatments take at least 4 weeks to start working their magic, so be prepared to practice a bit of patience. If something doesn’t work after several months, don’t despair. Simply try another treatment. Every person has different anti aging needs, so what worked well for your sister may not be the right product for you.
Since it does take time for the perfect face wrinkle cream to take effect, don’t wait any longer. Start looking for your youth-in-a-bottle solution today.
Advice & Tips on Anti Wrinkle Face Cream Treatment
Anti Aging Face Cream – Frequently Asked Questions
Here you’ll find answers to most often raised concerns: What are the most effective ingredients? How to identify the best anti aging face creams brands? How long will it take to completely remove facial wrinkles? and more…
Best Facial Cleanser Cream Reviews
Here are 3 top rated facial cleanser cream products for sensitive skin, glycolic acid face wash for oily skin, and gentle exfoliation from Purpose facial cleanser, MD Forte and Neostrata.
Organic Face Cream – Best Natural Facial Cream Ingredients
What are the best organic face creams? How to know if the natural face cream you just bought is truly organic? Why do you need to avoid toxins? Also learn about the benefits of homemade organic facial products and more…
Homemade Facial Scrub – Your Own Home Made Facial Cleansers Remedy
Easy and effective at home facial peels recipes for you to try: Cornmeal, Banana & Cucumber scrubs. Learn how to apply them, as well as information on homemade face cream remedy safety.
Facial Skin Cancer on Face Signs, Treatment & Prevention
Learn about the causes and symptoms of facial skin cancer. See the picture of how skin cancer on face looks like and watch doctor’s video demonstration on how to diagnose the face skin problems. Red sagging…
Return from Anti Wrinkle Face Cream to Best Anti Wrinkle Cream Skin Care Treatment Homepage